Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 3: Potato Head and Snot!

I heard Day 3 and 4 are the peak swelling periods for this procedure and based on how I look, they've got it right lol!

Day 3 of Double Jaw Surgery


Mrs. Potato Head suits me right now. Another blogger termed it as such as well. Although, looking at the above picture, it still doesn't look that swollen! Believe it or not, today I peaked I think.

Today isn't much different. Still blessed with no pain. My nose is becoming increasingly hard to breathe through. I sound like Darth Vador. Due to my blocked nostrils, I have to breathe through my nose, which is making my lips dry out a bit.

Snot Attach
I've been stuffing small bits of tissue paper/toiler paper/gauze at the ends of my nostrils to keep the runny mess from dripping out. I left one of the tissues in too long and when I tried to pull it out, it adhered to a dried up snot ball!! After looking up my nose, there was more where that came from and it was full of slime.  It wouldn't really come out by just pulling, so I took a toothpick and "attached" the snot to it and twisted it out so it would adhere to the wood. LMAO! It was pretty disgusting. It was a mixture of mucous and blood. The photo below isn't even all of it, it was just the beginning.





 I will say that after removing both huge snot balls from my nostrils, I could breathe so well again!! I didn't hear myself breathing in and out deep anymore. Such a relief!


Nutrition
Other than that, I drank more water today than the past couple days. Other than water, I've been drinking Ensure to keep up with my nutrition. I bought 4 varieties of Ensure:
  • Ensure Plus - Milk Chocolate and Strawberry
  • Ensure Active - Milk Chocolate and Vanilla
By this point, I've tasted each of the four. Here is how they rank:
  1. Ensure Plus Milk Chocolate
  2. Ensure Plus Strawberry
  3. Ensure Active Milk Chocolate
  4. Ensure Active Vanilla
The Actives don't taste good to me at all, especially the Vanilla. Both just seem chalky to me. I much prefer the Plus's and they are quite tasty. I have no problem with them at all as other bloggers have mentioned. I'm used to drinking protein shakes in general from working out, just never like this.

Eating is an exhausting process. Squirting the liquid out of the syringe into your mouth, swallowing in small quantities, and refilling it takes a lot of strength when you're not getting a lot of nutition in the first place.

HOMEMADE CHICKEN BROTH! My friend is so awesome! His mom made chicken broth from scratch with veggies and everything and then strained it to broth consistency. He brought over a container of delicious home made chicken broth. I'll enjoy having that for a few days in between meals.

Bowel Movement Started
I am more active around the house though. I can walk around fine, use the bathroom, etc. Speaking of which! I had my first bowel movement today. That was a good sign of things going back to normal. Though it wasn't a lot as you can imagine on an all-liquid diet - it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment