Thursday, November 26, 2015

Day 28: 4-WEEK UPDATE + Thanksgiving

Day 28 of Double Jaw Surgery
Here we are! We've made it to the 4-week mark! I can't believe it's already been a month and I'm so happy to be off the Ensure diet. Now that I have the bands off, I have to practice opening and closing my jaw so I can at least fit utensils into my mouth to have mashed potatoes, flaky fish, scrambled eggs, etc. Until then, I at least upgraded to thicker blended soups that won't get caught up anymore with the band barriers.

4-Week Comparison


Not depicted here, but my left side isn't as swollen anymore and everything seems to be falling into place well. Still numb on my left cheek and upper lip area, along with my entire upper gum line and portions of my nose. You can also definitely tell from my past photos and this one above how my weight is changing just by looking at my collar bone. Below is a comp of my body changes.

Facing Forward: Before/4Weeks After ...... Facing Right: Before/4 Weeks After

Everything has slimmed down.. my chest, waist, hips, booty, thighs, etc. I'm drowning in my clothes. Now that I'll consume more, my weight should stabilize and increase again.

Starting Weight: 142.3 lbs / 32.9% body fat
7 Days Later:  134.2 lbs / 32% body fat
14 Days Later: 132 lbs / 30.1% body fat
21 Days Later: 131.6 lbs / 30.7% body fat
28 Days Later: 130.8 lbs / 30.3% body fat
TOTAL LOSS: 11.5 lbs / 2.6% body fat

 
Happy Thanksgiving!
Since I already celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom last weekend and my dad and step mom are unfortunately too far for me to drive (without the risk of falling asleep at the wheel), I stayed home for the holiday. I was invited to spend Thanksgiving with a good, old friend and it was really great. His mom made delicious soup and I enjoyed 3 bowls full of it!! hahaha.

I am so thankful for my recovery and progress thus far and all my family and friends who have been so incredibly supportive. Throughout this journey, I've grown closer to some of my friends and also further from others. Thank you to all those who have helped me, visited me, checked in on me, provided for me! Big kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment