Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day 10: Praise!



Day 10 of Double Jaw Surgery

What a beautiful, sunny morning! I woke up refreshed and decided it's about time to return to church to give praise to God for all he's been doing in my life, most recently this incredible recovery. I had a couple of Strawberry Ensure Plus's, took a shower, and got dressed for a day spent out of the house!

Swelling Difference
I noticed yesterday that my swelling is a little uneven. My left chin area side is a little more pronounced than the right. I mean left, as in my left, not looking at me left. Nothing to be concerned about, just an observation in healing.

Back to Driving
I climbed into my beloved car for the first time in 10 days and warmed her up a bit before taking her out. It felt GREAT to drive and not be driven. I love my parents and friends who helped me, but nothing beats driving your own car, and manual on top of that. As you can tell by now, I love my GTI. We've gone through some hurt together recently (which is a completely other and long story!).


Praise God
I entered one of my church's local campuses (National Community Church) because I didn't want to risk driving too far out to my home location in DC. It felt great to be welcomed with smiles and "good morning's". Despite getting a few looks at my swelling and surgical tape and then my semi-mumbled good morning back, it made them smile all the more! Worship was wonderful and we had a special guest who rapped! The entire message and time spent was rejuvenating and I was sure to praise Him for all he's done for me recently.


Retail Therapy
After church, I was not ready to go back home. So what do I do? Hit up the mall and get some shopping done! I visited 2 of my favorite stores, Chelsea Collective and Athleta, and got an incredible deal at Chelsea!! I can't even repeat it because it was something they did out of the kindness of their heart, courtesy, whatever you want to call it! Again, I continue to be blessed.. it is NOT a joke. By the way, why did no one tell me that Nike Rosche's and Nike Juvenate's are so freakin' comfy!? I had to get both of them!
 
A photo posted by Tina Leu (@tinaleu) on

Home Base and Numbness
By the time I got home, I was super hungry. I quickly drank an Ensure and warmed up some leftover soup from the Thai place. Since I've been drinking out of a cup/mug and no more on syringes, I've noticed my upper lip is a bit numb. So when I hold up the glass to my lips to drink, it feels a little weird because I sort of cannot feel it and sort of can... I also can't rest it on my bottom right lip too much because my suture is still there and it hurts a little bit. Other than that, no pain.

I Have HBO?!
When my dad was here to look after me during surgery, I noticed that he was watching movies on HBO, but I didn't really think about it again until a couple days ago. I have no idea when Verizon FiOS gave me access to HBO, but I know it wasn't part of the deal when I first signed up a little over a year ago. It could have had it for this entire past year or just a month, but it's been given me a whole slew of films to watch/rewatch! I recorded a lot already for when I just want to lounge around (which is a lot of what I'm doing anyway).

File:John Wick TeaserPoster.jpg http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCEJMtX2_SB-ZlvYpabgPb6dwI_bVSY-eVap6aSSSfFq5Ldmxa http://resizing.flixster.com/V00zUphb8sV-aRzu9qtSR07p5_M=/800x1200/dkpu1ddg7pbsk.cloudfront.net/movie/11/18/92/11189259_ori.jpg
Focus Movie Poster Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) Poster Blackhat (2015) Poster

No comments:

Post a Comment