Sunday, November 29, 2015

Day 30: Eating Struggles

Day 30 of Double Jaw Surgery
Since I can sort of open my mouth (still a little less than the width of my finger), I decided to try out some mashed potatoes and fried rice from my local grocery store's hot bar. I also bought some thicker soups (butternut squash, tomato soup, and chicken soup).


Uhhh... It looks easy to eat, but boy was it difficult!! It took me 30 minutes to eat that little box above! I did not realize how much my jaw had to move and tongue action I needed to even feed the utensil in my mouth and scoop the food off it. It was very uncomfortable and hurt a little because sticking your tongue out was really awkward. You don't realize how much goes into eating until you can't properly do so. I ended up just holding the spoon full of rice or mashed potatoes up to my lips and sucking it off it. I guess that means I'll keep practicing my jaw movements until I graduate to this level and stick to full liquids.

No comments:

Post a Comment