Monday, November 23, 2015

Day 25: Social and Concert

Day 25 of Double Jaw Surgery
Shopping for Skinny Me
Today was a very active day! It's been getting pretty cold these days and in Game of Thrones fashion, Winter is coming! During this recovery process, I've lost a lot of weight, in addition to my past year weight loss, a lot of my clothes do not fit anymore. I haven't bought any proper clothes in a very long time.. the only things I've bought consistently are active wear for the gym, but let's be honest, as much as I want to wear active wear ALL THE TIME, it's just not that practical and civilized when you're going out. Other than active wear, I pretty much wear the same things at work due to our "uniforms"... which also consists of sneakers, choice polos and sweaters, and slacks. So again, I haven't bought any proper clothing for my new size in a very long time and it really was made evident to me when I put on my black wool coat today. 1. It's getting pretty raggid and 2. it's super baggy.

So I headed out to Burlington Coat Factory to go through a sea of coats. I figured I should be able to find something and find something, I did. I found 2 coats and debated which to get. They were both black, above the knee, and similar silhouette - despite that, I ended up getting both! I don't know why, especially since they were so similar, but I just thought I'd like to have a choice in the future.

I wasn't going to stop there though! What I really needed was a new Parka and decent leather jacket. I currently own both.. I completely drown in the Parka and the leather jacket isn't real leather and doesn't fit well. I headed to Madewell and already had been eyeing a parka there. I snatched it up and then came across a leather jacket they sold. It felt really great, sturdy, soft, and expensive. Boy, oh boy, was it expensive! The sales girl felt my dilemma and offered me 20% off to sweeten the deal. I couldn't say no. I am thrilled with my purchase.. It's probably one of my first grown woman purchases, besides my car - a real leather jacket to last a lifetime. What I loved most about it is that it didn't have any of the trendy frills on it - just a great cut and silhouette.

In the end, I purchased 4 coats/jackets! I may have a little buyer's remorse for those 2 similar coats but I'll sleep on it a few more nights haha.



Old Friends and Happy Hour
An old friend invited me and others out to Happy Hour at the Sugar Factory in DC. It was a lot of fun and we haven't seen each other in a couple years. Most of us danced together in a little crew for fun and camaraderie and all of us have a dance history, which is what brought us all together back then. Sugar Factory is a store filled with candy and sweet nothings. They offered alcoholic beverages that were nothing short of mesmerizing with their big goblets of colorful drinks we saw others order. Again, since my diet is sparse, I chose to have 1 drink and ordered a martini and asked the girl to halve the alcohol. Once I drank it all up, half the alcohol didn't matter because it definitely hit me. I immediately ordered a tall glass of water!




Impromptu Concert
When I looked at my calendar this morning, I had forgotten that I wanted to see a concert at a local venue in DC that night. I had not bought tickets for it, but after checking out the site, there were still plenty available. So I said, what the heck.. I'mma go and enjoy some live music of artists that I like listening to! It was ASTR, HOLYCHILD, and Ryn Weaver. I asked around to see if anyone wanted to join me, but no one really could because of work the next day or other obligation - it was Monday night after all. Then randomly, another friend hit me up and asked what I was up tonight and after letting him know and asking if he wanted to join me, he accepted. So we met up and headed out to the venue and had a great time. It was a pretty long day but I felt productive, saw some great friends and enjoyed live music. Can't ask for more. Less than a week until I'm back at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment