Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 21: 3-WEEK UPDATE


Day 21 of Double Jaw Surgery

Today marks the 3rd week since surgery day. Not much has changed from the week prior. My swelling is now a slow and steady progress and I heard it'll be like that for weeks and months.

3-Week Comparison


My face looks a little fuller on Day 21 at the top because I can smile a little bigger now. Otherwise, there really isn't much change from Day 14 and Day 21. I would like to point out though that my nose is now turned up a little. You can now see my nostrils when looking straight at me because when moving my upper jaw forward, it moved my cheeks and everything forward. It doesn't bother me. I'll see how it all settles months from now. I'm definitely in love with my profile though!!

Regarding my weight, I'm still losing weight but not as drastically anymore. The fact that I'm still going to be shut for another week, making it a total of 4 weeks, is a factor in more weight loss.

Starting Weight: 142.3 lbs / 32.9% body fat
7 Days Later:  134.2 lbs / 32% body fat
14 Days Later: 132 lbs / 30.1% body fat
21 Days Later: 131.6 lbs / 30.7% body fat
TOTAL LOSS: 10.7 lbs








Exercise Begins
I kept saying this past week that I'll start exercising but I never felt up to it because of my low energy.  Today, I said "Screw it! It's the 3 week mark, doc said it's fine to keep it light and low-impact, get your ass up and do some!" So I pulled out my exercise bands and did 3 sets of 15-20 of the following exercises:
  • Bicep Curls
  • Overhead Presses
  • Bent Over Row
  • Tricep Extensions
  • Upright Rows
  • Pulsing lunges
  • Kickbacks
  • Squats
  • Elevated push ups
  • I did more.. I just can't remember
Some were tougher than others and I could only do 15 reps because I could feel my face getting red (and I was breathing) and I didn't want to pop a blood vessel, lol! Joking aside, I felt pretty weak! Wow - what a difference 3 weeks on a non-substantial liquid diet and no activity does to you! I can't wait to get back to the level of strength I had before this and get back to my routine.


Tomorrow is my 3-week post-op appointment with Dr. Baker and I'm supposed to get some of my bands off. Cross my fingers! Let's hope tomorrow is the day we do that, because last week wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment