Monday, November 9, 2015

Day 11: Weight Check

Day 11 of Double Jaw Surgery

Recovering in the Winter may be the worst idea. Wait a sec.. it's not yet Winter, but it sure is getting colder. Typically when I'm really cold outdoors, I chatter my teeth uncontrollably. Last night I was invited to watch Spectre in the movie theater. By the time we let out, it was about 10PM and on my walk back home, I was freezing! I don't know if it's the plates in my head now or what, but my jaw and sinuses felt extremely tight again and I was fighting to chatter my teeth because well... I can't with my jaw still rubber banned shut. That walk was so uncomfortable and I couldn't wait to step into my apartment's lobby!

Mastering Not Yawning
Can we agree that yawning is contagious? *nod head* Well, I have truly been tested. When hanging out with people or just watching folks around me and they yawn, I have to make a conscious effort to not yawn as well.  It works 9/10 times and the small instances I do have to yawn.. you can imagine it's another uncomfortable action. Trying to pull apart your shut jaw is just weird. It doesn't exactly hurt, because I still feel no pain, it's just awkward.

Weight Loss
I've been stepping on my Fitbit Aria scale about every 2 days since the surgery to track my weight loss due to this restricted diet. I'm not sure how accurate it is regarding body fat though. Ignore the weight goal, I set that last year. Don't really have a goal in mind anymore, just happy with a fit healthy body.

Starting Weight: 142.3 lbs / 32.9% body fat
7 Days Later:  134.2 lbs / 32% body fat
11 Days Later: 133.1 lbs / 31.2% body fat
TOTAL LOSS: 9.2 lbs

The 1+ year prior to surgery, I knew I wanted to get my body ready physically to tackle through the recovery.  I knew I had to gain muscle and eat well so my body wouldn't deteriorate and heal slow. After seeing how well I am recovering, I could say that I was onto something! Nearly 1 year ago, I weighed 151.4 lbs and lost 10 lbs in the past year to a fitter and strong body with muscle. Big thanks to my girl, Katrina, who trained and helped me tremendously until she had to move out of state. On Day 14, I'll update with a photo comparison and the official 2-week weight loss update. I was hoping by now I could have more full liquids, but it is still very difficult to eat anything besides Ensure, broths and juices because everything is still fully shut and there are very little spaces for liquid to pass. I can't wait for this Friday when Dr. Baker removes some of the bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment