Thursday, November 5, 2015

Day 7: No More Meds!

YAYYY!! I finished all my meds this morning! No more nasty, crushed steroid tablets and liquid antibiotics. The only thing left is my oral rinse 3x a day. I wonder how my body will react after today without the medication.

Day 7 of Double Jaw Surgery

Energetic and Calm
Each morning I'm feeling more energetic than the morning prior. I got up early again around 8AM, had my last dosage of meds, breakfast, and then watched a little TV.  After that I pretty much listened to music again for the majority of the day and continued blogging. I am now up to date. Today is actually today haha.

The weather has been gorgeous outside! I wish I could enjoy it and really walk outside for a long time or take my car out for a drive. I'm starting to miss driving because I love my car. I did open up my windows yesterday and today to let fresh air in. Remember, it's November - why is it 70-degrees outside?! I'm not complaining - it's just crazy! Tomorrow will be 78-degress!

Friendly Visit
My work bestie came by today for about 2 hours. It was awesome! Visits help me practice talking more and move my lips as well. After a while, the bottom half of my face gets stiff. You have to practice smiling, talking, smirking left and right - get some life back in those cheeks haha. It was great catching up. She was also surprised how well I looked considering double jaw surgery! I agree... Brandie was so sweet to bring me some apple cider that I can heat up and drink. Just a nice change of pace of liquids to drink.




Nutrition
I'm coming close to the end of my initial Ensure supply. I bought 4 6-packs, total of 24 bottles, and I have a day's worth left. Tomorrow is my 1-week post op appointment with my surgeon Dr. Baker where I'm expected to take half of my bands taken off. That should allow me to possibly gain a little more mobility in my jaw and maybe be able to make my own shakes that were originally too thick to pass through now. I'll see what the word is tomorrow.




Bruised
You can't really tell in photos - maybe because of my lighting and my phone - but I have some bruising down my neck and on my left cheek near the suture. The worst is on my arm where the IV was. It's actually worse than what the picture shows you. Brandie and I laughed - it's like a scene of Walking Dead. It doesn't hurt, it just looks wicked.



Awake
Today is the first day that I havn't felt the need to take a nap. I've been awake all day and it being almost 8PM now, I'm still not tired. I'm looking forward to a good night's rest again tonight as I get over the 1 week hump!

Yayyy!! It's been exactly 1 week since surgery. Time flew!

No comments:

Post a Comment