Saturday, November 21, 2015

Day 23: Early Thanksgiving

Day 23 of Double Jaw Surgery

It's Saturday and I drove out of town to see my family to celebrate Thanksgiving early. It was so much fun to see my little sister, mom and grandma. My mom had several friends over for dinner too and some of their kids came along as well. Needless to say, it was a packed house! Since I don't have tons of energy still from the limited diet, I get exhausted quickly. This definitely had me at my limits because of all the screaming and running around of the kids, interaction with a big crowd, etc. I was really tired by 7PM and it had just started an hour and a half ago! lol.





Big (food) Tease
But let's talk about the food!! While I helped my family prepare some of the food, I smelled the goodness of the turkey, pies, etc. And I was alright. In fact, I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat anything, so I came prepared with a 6-pack ....of Ensure. lol! The entire day as we're preparing, I downed bottles of Ensure. My family felt so bad and kept saying how they're sorry. I assured them that there's nothing to be sorry about it and I'm pretty much used to it now.

Then we laid out the food on the table and that's when I really wished I could've had SOMETHING. The deviled eggs looked delish. I asked my sister if I could smell her plate of food real quick.... hahaha! So funny, but I survived.


The drive back home had to be quick. I already have a hard time staying awake on the road when I drive long distances on a highway (bad, I know), but paired with the dark and being exhausted, it was going to be tough. I blasted my Spotify playlists and responsibly switched lanes a lot to keep myself awake. Phew! I safely arrived home in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment