Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day 5: Crazy Pores



Day 5 of Double Jaw Surgery
 
Woke up refreshed and more energetic today! My swelling seems to have gone down a tad. Did my usual morning routine of medication and breakfast. I am halfway through the steroid pills and cannot wait for it to be done with! Yuck!

Greasy Face and Landmine Pores
If you haven't noticed by now on yourself, my face got extremely greasy in the beginning. Since I've regularly cleansed my face, it's been better. I've noticed that looking in the mirror and when I gently rub facial cleanser into my face that my pores on my nose and the cheek area below my eyes are out of control. They are protruding and the gunk is pressing out, probably because of all the swelling. So after I got everything done in the morning, I took a walk to Target and bought myself a box of Biore Pore Strips. The pores on my nose have always been very visible and they've always had a combo of black and white heads on them that I had to extract every now and them. But now they were literally protruding out of my pores and it was a really bumpy landscape. Gross, I know.

When I returned home, I quickly re-cleansed my nose area, left it wet, and then placed the strip over my nose as instructed. After 10 minutes, I peeled the strip off carefully and the results were amazing and gross at the same time, hahaha! I have no pic of it, but basically all those nasty bumps were extracted and on the strip. My nose felt smoother and cleaner. Yay! I will probably do this again in a few days.

Pho Broth Delivery!
A friend of mine, who also happens to be a nurse at the hospital I was in, checked in on me and offered to bring me some pho broth. How could I decline this offer? She came by late morning and drove to several restaurants to see if they could just sell broth. She's so awesome! After finding a place that did, she came and dropped off 3 containers - 2 chicken and 1 beef pho broth. Thank you Jen!!! They were so tasty. Was it nutritional? Probably not very much and it had sodium, but the flavors were yummy. Again, anything to change it from the strawberry/vanilla/chocolate Ensure variety is a nice change.




I then took a nice midday nap. Today is the first day I put on my contacts again. I thought it was going to be uncomfortable but it was a nice change. No more pushing my glasses up and getting a headache from the bridge of my nose. I don't ever wear glasses, so this was the longest time I've wore them in a row - ever.

Runny Nose
My nose has been leaking fluid a lot today after I cleared the mucous the other day. I keep having to stuff tissues again into my nostrils. The post-op instructions did say that if it continues actively I should contact doc. It's not active, per se. Just small leakage every so OFTEN. Seeing the doc in 2 days anyway for my 1 week post-op appointment. I'll see what he says about it then.


Tingly
For the past couple days I've been getting tingly/prickly sensation around my gum line. I guess my nerves are waking up more and more. It's just a funny feeling. The sensation is also on my lips. My lips are definitely not as swollen anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment