Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day 9: Errands

Day 9 of Double Jaw Surgery

It's Saturday and I slept in until 9AM. The weather is gloomy and rainy out, very much unlike the days prior. I decided to be productive and do my weekly apartment cleaning by vacuuming, dusting, countertops, bathroom, etc. Funny how much less I'm cleaning the kitchen because I'm not cooking every day anymore! It felt great and I had my breakfast of Ensure right out of the bottle, no more syringing like I said. Then a friend invited me to come along and run errands. Sounds boring, but I welcome interaction and getting outside.

Head Feels Tight
Once I did get outside though, it was quite chilly and we drove around town to get various things done. It was a tad exhausting, only because of the coldness and being in the car in traffic. The cold really messed with my head and everything felt tight, I mean, I do have plates screwed into my jaw now, heh.

Nevertheless, it was nice to spend time with someone and we got myself 6 dozen more Ensures because I've been drinking 2 bottles per meal now to fill up. I also picked up a few different soups that could be reduced to be runnier and smoother to drink, while my jaw is still shut. Because of all the rubber bands, it's hard to pass liquid through that's too thick. I bought tomato soup, pumpkin bisque, and cheddar and broccoli soup. We'll see how it goes when I try to blend it even more... I'll keep ya posted!

Week 2 nutritional arsenal

Day -1 vs Day 9 Comparison!
In other news, I was really curious to see the difference between my old face and current face. After seeing just a swollen face the past 9 days, I almost forgot what I used to look like! So I decided to put my Before and After thus far side by side.. and the result? I loved it! It is so great to see the difference and it really solidifies the fact that I made the right decision. I cannot wait for the swelling to go down further and the rubber bands off. Progress! Progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment