Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 19: Dissolvable Stitches

Day 19 of Double Jaw Surgery

As the days pass, I have less and less to write about the recovery itself because the recovery process is now slow and steady and much of the same. I started the day early at 8AM (I've been sleeping in later and later until 11AM the last few days) and cleaned my apartment, laundry, and finally submitted my documents for my accident claim back in August. That was an accomplishment in itself because it took a lot of work and time to get all my ducks in a row.

Home Decor Shopping
I headed out to TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack to find a specific dry shampoo and facial cleaner. Sometimes they carry it, sometimes they don't. This time they did not, however, that did NOT stop me from perusing the aisles and spending money on a few things to spruce up the home. Guilty! I purchased a couple candles, a framed graphic saying "Hello Gorgeous", and a round wired basket. I still have to print a bunch of photos to insert into my empty frames.

I also got a gel manicure and my lip waxed. I told the esthetician to be careful when she presses down for obvi reasons. I waited until the 3rd week to get this done because I didn't want to wax too soon, because of the meds I was taken originally, and then a weakened immune system from not having proper nutrition and I didn't want an infection. You never know.. well it worked out great and I felt better haha. 



Stitches
This past week, my stitches along my upper gum line have been dissolving and coming out every other day when I brush my teeth and swish with mouthwash. When I lifted my upper lip to see, I was surprised how well it looked. It doesn't look like patchwork anymore and it seems to be healing very well. That entire area is still completely numb and I still cannot feel a thing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment