Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 18: Cruel Dreams

Day 18 of Double Jaw Surgery

Hello Monday! El Nino is causing quite the climate change around here and it was 68 degrees today! I took advantage of it and dressed up because I was tired of wearing sweats. I ran errands to finish submitting docs to insurance, visited one of my stores and said hi to all the staff, and went to the auto body shop to check something out on my car. It was really great seeing my coworkers and they were enthusiastic to see me and my new face lol. They all welcomed me back, only for me to say that I still have 2 more weeks to go before I'm back. It's the first time that I saw many people who've known me all at once and I was very appreciative of their observations and happiness for me. One of them said they wouldn't have even recognized me if I just walked by them elsewhere. That's crazy to me!


Dreams of Yummy Food
Lately I've had dreams of steak, bacon, and more deliciousness, among also opening and closing my jaw.. that's just cruel. Cruel, I tell you! And it just hit me that I'll be held shut for 4 weeks! That's not normal. Normally it's about 2 weeks. I have to get really creative with my liquid food options and introduce better things into my diet than just Ensure. Also, I'm losing muscle mass and need more nutrition and protein.  

No comments:

Post a Comment